|At Sykes Cottages, we are experiencing a significant increase in bookings, due to a huge surge in demand for UK holidays. We are expanding our Marketing team to meet this high demand, with the best and brightest local talent including an enthusiastic Graphic Designer to join our exciting Design team at our Chester head office.
Joining our wider Marketing department. our newest Graphic Designer will play a big part in the teams goal of implementing internal and external design communications throughout the business.
You will sit within a passionate team of four designers, reporting directly to the Creative Manager in an atmosphere that encourages new ideas, creativity and problem solving. The Design team sits as part of the CRM team but you will be responsible for design across the entire business, including work for customers, owners and your fellow employees.
As our newest Graphic Designer, you will have the following key skills:
- A higher education qualification in Visual Arts (preferably Graphic Design, but not essential).
- Thorough knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (AI, PS, ID and, if possible, AE).
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Strong and detailed knowledge of both print and digital design
- A Bachelor of Honours in Visual Arts (preferably Graphic Design, but not essential)
- Competency in using non-design programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Industry experience.
- Experience or knowledge of either User Experience Design or Illustration skills.
|The role of Graphic Designer will see you accountable for the following areas:
- The creation of high quality, innovative graphic design for internal and external communications
- Working across a variety of marketing channels, both print and digitally such as customer and owner emails, social media, magazine adverts and booklets
- Participating in skill sharing and innovation sessions, collaborating on projects and presenting new ideas
- Working to brand guidelines and procedures, ensuring consistency across all communications
- Striving to advance yourself, the team and Sykes brand by staying on top of current trends
We are looking for a Graphic Designer who has a proactive, positive attitude, is keen to advance themselves and is hard-working with a keen eye for detail. We are looking for a team player, someone who is happy to share their knowledge with the rest of the team and is open to new ideas and ways of working, In this role you will be encourages to regularly talk with stakeholders on the journey the design has gone through and, most importantly, solve the problems that the project throws your way. You will be working with multiple stakeholders on multiple projects with varying deadlines, so great time management skills are essential to this role.
The work you will be creating will need to appear to the target market of Sykes Holiday Cottages' customer and owners, so you will need to be adaptable, open-minded and be able to handle constructive criticism and feedback from both stakeholders and the wider team. Every design must have a 'why' behind it, so we need designers who can plan each stage of the project and be able to give solid reasoning for the choices they have made.
Please Note: The working hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm