|Heart of the Lakes, part of the Sykes Cottages family are now adding their Housekeeper to their Ambleside offices.
Heart of the Lakes, part of the Sykes Cottages family, are a Local Lake District business offering a wide range of Lake District cottages, apartments and houses; some old, some modern and something for every taste, but ALL within the National Park and therefore in the heart of one of Britain's loveliest corners.
In preparation for our busiest periods in our holiday calendar, our Housekeeper will be providing a key operational support function with a focus on high customer satisfaction through the arranging and supervising of service standards, development and improvement of operating procedures and implementation of new business initiatives.
Working for both of Heart of The Lakes core customer groups (guests and property owners), quality of customer service delivery is central to the approach adopted for improving customer advocacy, the resolution of customer complaints and owner management.
Our newest Housekeeper will have the following key skills:
• PERSONALITY: disciplined and results-orientated, a mature and practical individual with a methodical approach to your workload, a good team player but equally happy working on your own initiative
• PERSONAL SITUATION: must be able to work Monday, Friday and Saturday. Occasional travel may be necessary so a full clean driving licence is required
• SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS: a good planner, communicator and relationship builder with an eye for detail and the ability to supervise
• COMPUTER SKILLS: good knowledge of Microsoft Exel, Word and Outlook but support and training available on our in house systems
• LITERACY & NUMERACY: must be a competent written communicator with the ability to perform basic data entry tasks
|As our newest Housekeeper, you will be responsible for the following areas of responsibility:
• Carrying out regular planned checks of properties on the portfolio.
• Accurately recording findings onto the check sheet paperwork.
• Addressing any minor issues during a check.
• Reporting any larger issues to the Housekeeping manager in a timely manner.
• Responding to owner and guest cleaning issues.
• Responding to owner and holidaymaker queries regarding the housekeeping service
• Monitoring and recording deliveries, inventory items and stock control
• Providing COSHH information for housekeeping consumables purchased.
• Carrying out linen preparation work in the laundry room
• Establishing and developing relationships with cleaners and property owners for the purpose of extending their engagement and loyalty to the brand, extending their use of products and services offered, and ensuring that the quality of their property and service is inline with the brands standards and guest expectations.
• Compliance with all health & safety, company and legislative policies applicable to the organisation, department or operating environment.
• Undertake any reasonable additional tasks or duties as directed by The Housekeeping Manager or Senior Team.
Please Note: The working hours for this position are 40 hours per week, working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.