|Corporate Development Manager|
|Sykes Cottages are now seeking a Corporate Development Manager to join our Mergers and Acquisitions team at our Chester head office.
Joining our business-critical Finance department, the Corporate Development Manager will sit within our Corporate Development team, responsible for identifying and acquiring new businesses which will add significant long-term value to the Sykes group.
The role of Corporate Development Manager will be to support the delivery of potential new acquisitions from origination through to completion as well as assisting with post completion matters.
The Corporate Development Manager should have the following key skills:
- Degree with a numerical background (e.g. Maths, Science, Engineering etc.)
- Qualified accountant
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written communication skills with strong verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Hands on, pro-active and able to find solutions
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Proficient using SQL
- Interest in technology
- Experience with macros
- Experience in the travel industry
- Experience of corporate finance
|As our newest Corporate Development Manager you will be responsible for the following areas of accountability:
- Prepare analysis of potential new acquisitions.
- Preparation and delivery of commercial due diligence reports and synergy models for acquisitions.
- Support provided to the Senior Corporate Development Manager in coordination and execution of other due diligence streams, including financial and legal.
- Ad hoc analysis and presentations on the UK market, acquisitions and other areas as required.
- Delivery of Board pack presentations summarising Commercial DD, UK Market and acquisition performance against synergies.
- Responsible for handover of knowledge gathered during the acquisition process to the M&A integration team and integration Project Manager.
- Responsible for converting the synergy model into a robust financial forecast in order to deliver forecast synergies.
- Progression of acquisition projects on Senior Corporate Development Manager’s non-working days and provide support and guidance to the M&A analyst where required.